Use points for Credit with SafeKey
16000 Membership Reward points = 100 dollars online
Fast and convenient. Use your Membership Rewards® points for a statement credit when you shop online. Simply use your American Express® Card with the following SafeKey merchants:
For more information view the FAQs here.
1. Complete the check-out process with your American Express® Card.
2. When the SafeKey screen appears, select the option to ‘Use Points’.
3. Confirm the amount and click ‘Use Points’.
4. The amount you confirmed will appear as a credit on your statement within 72 hours.
Terms and Conditions - Use Membership Rewards® points for Credit with American Express SafeKey®
Eligibility to ‘Use points for Credit with SafeKey’:
1. You can ‘Use points for Credit with SafeKey’ if You are the Primary Card Member of an New Zealand issued American Express® Card; Your Card is enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme; and Your Card account is in good standing (i.e. not overdue or in collection). Supplementary Card Members are not eligible to Use points for Credit with SafeKey.
2. You may only Use points for Credit with SafeKey with select New Zealand online merchants as indicated during the checkout process. The option may not be available for all online purchases at that merchant. Credits may not be redeemed for cash or refunds once applied to your Card.
Using 'Use points for Credit with SafeKey':
3. The minimum redemption value is 1,000 Membership Rewards points. The maximum points redemption is the lower of the total transaction value or the total Membership Rewards points. The number of rewards needed for a credit may vary over time. The points required for the credit value will be displayed during the redemption process, prior to submission.
4. The full transaction amount will be charged and appear on your account and the statement credit for the value selected will appear within 72 hours of the charge (this may not be the full transaction amount). The credit may not appear on the same statement as the full charge. In this case, you must still pay the amount due on your statement, and the credit will apply to charges on your next statement.
5. Returns & refunds. If you subsequently obtain a refund from the merchant, the refund amount will apply to your Card account. Membership Rewards points are not reimbursed automatically. In the event of a refund you may keep the credit, but if you prefer reimbursement of Membership Rewards points, please call the number on the back of your Card.
6. The card terms and conditions continue to apply when you Use points with SafeKey. You must continue to make payments as outlined on your Statement of Account and in your Card Member agreement, even when you ‘Use points for Credit with SafeKey. All Membership Rewards points are subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions available here.
7. We may change or suspend the ‘Use points for Credit with SafeKey’ feature for any reason and at any time without prior notice, including when a Card account is not in good standing (overdue or in collection).
American Express International (NZ), Inc. Incorporated in Delaware, US A. Principal Place of Business in New Zealand, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051.
® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.